St Patrick’s School is located in South Invercargill and is a state integrated Catholic school catering for Year 0 – 6 children, with approximately 300 pupils. The school was opened on 12 March 1944 by the Dominican Sisters. We are proud to be a Dominican school.
Our mission statement calls us to provide an outstanding Catholic education, which nurtures each child’s potential. Our children’s learning and wellbeing are at the centre of all our decision making. Through our dedicated and skilled staff we help children reach success within a supportive and caring environment . We provide high quality, child-centered and purposeful learning programmes. We encourage our children to be actively engaged in their learning through a rich curriculum, and a variety of Special Character, cultural and sporting opportunities.
Our motto “Child of the light” is an integral part of who we are. God’s light shines through us when we care for each other, we care for our learning and we care for our world.
We foster strong partnerships with families/whanau and our community, working together for our children and their learning. We are very proud of and embrace our cultural diversity. There is a real sense of community, commitment and pride in our school.